Today’s post reviews the economic impact of COVID-19, then explains how to recover some of these losses by implementing a COVID-conscious marketing strategy used by Signworld partners.
Read on to learn how Signworld supports sign location marketing plans amidst the pandemic, or call 888-765-7446 to speak directly with a representative.
Businesses Need Better Marketing During COVID-19
Without a doubt, widespread closures, social distancing policies, and orders to shelter-in-place have made it tough out there for business owners. According to a SHRM study, 62% of small businesses say they have experienced a significant decline in revenue since the start of COVID-19.
For many companies, those losses proved fatal. Indeed, research by the USC Center for Risk and Economic Analysis estimating the losses due to pandemic-related closures and partial reopenings at more than $3 trillion.
And yet, while some of these business disruptions are unavoidable in the “new normal,” it may be possible to stymie losses by adjusting your marketing strategy to reassure customers amidst the uncertainties cast by COVID-19.
In the following section, we share 4 tips for marketing your sign location or business during COVID-19, in hopes of recovering some of the losses you may have experienced in the early goings.
4 Tips For Sign Location Marketing During COVID-19
- Reassure your customers. In a time with so much uncertainty, it’s important to remind your customers that you’re there for them, and that your business isn’t going anywhere. Keep a calm and optimistic tone, and remind them that none of their sign needs will go unmet, even in the event of another lockdown.
- Get creative. Now’s the time for innovation, both in terms of your business offerings and marketing strategy. If you’re rolling out new virtual showcases or remote design processes geared towards online audiences, consider exploring some new online advertising channels, such as paid promotion on LinkedIn or Google Adwords.
- Relate to your customers. We’re all in this together, so make sure your marketing campaign says as much. The more you relate to your customers, the more engaging your ad will be. Remind your audience that we’re all working to slow the spread, then explain how they can help by using your contactless online ordering system.
- Ramp it up on social media. Staying active and present on social media is the perfect way to reassure your customers and let them know you’re there for them. Start or join conversations, post more frequently, and consider running an online contest to help build the buzz.
Get More Marketing Support From The Signworld Business Alliance
The Signworld business alliance offers plenty of additional marketing training and supporting for sign locations, including:
- Sales and marketing training. Sales and marketing feature prominently in our technical training (e.g. learn to use our sales software), operations training (e.g. learn to advertise online and through traditional local channels), and on-the-job training.
- Sales and marketing coaching. Signworld owners work together in teams of 12 to share proven techniques, discuss advertising snags, and complete weekly webinar sessions with our corporate sales coaching staff.
- Website and internet marketing coaching. More than half of your business can come from your website/internet presence. We teach you all the secrets of outbound marketing, networking, SEO, content production, and inbound marketing. We also offer online technical support that allows us to connect directly to your computer to fix problems and download solutions.
- Annual sales and marketing convention. Every year, the Signworld business alliance hosts an annual convention with more than 75 valued suppliers and 30+ sales/marketing seminars taught by leading industry professionals.
Call 888-765-7446 or visit the Signworld business alliance website to learn more about how we support the marketing and sales of all of our sign location partners.