Sign companies qualify as “essential,” which makes them one of few good choices for investors looking to start a business amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Today’s post explains the value of partnering with SignWorld during unprecedented times.
Sign Shops Declared Parts Of America’s Critical Infrastructure
Days after the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus to be a global pandemic, the International Sign Association declared the following in a statement to sign companies and government officials: “our industry is essential and must remain open to continue to serve vital infrastructure, manufacturing and retail services throughout the country.”
In response to the ISA’s advocacy efforts, the U.S Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Agency (CISA) declared the sign and graphics industry as part of America’s “critical infrastructure,” with the new language included under Transportation and Logistics:
“Manufacturers and distributors (to include service centers and related operations) of lighting and communication systems, specialized signage and structural systems, emergency response equipment and support materials, printers, printed materials, packaging materials, pallets, crates, containers, and other supplies needed to support manufacturing, packaging staging and distribution operations, and other critical infrastructure needs” (p. 12).
Thus, even if you’re located in one of the dozen or so states currently pausing their reopening plans, your sign shop is legally allowed to remain in operation, as long as the following criteria are met:
- Rigorous health and safety plan in-place, as per the guidelines offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- All essential business customers and employees must be documented—the ISA provides both employee and customer document templates
If you have any questions about what may be necessary to reopen your sign shop, or how to implement anti-pandemic protocols in your shop to keep employees safe, get in touch with a member of the SignWorld business alliance. Our coronavirus business continuity plans have kept more than 330+ sign partners in business and capable of serving America’s critical infrastructure.
Starting An Essential Business As A Signworld Partner
There are many obvious benefits to operating an essential sign shop. Essential businesses are resilient, in-demand, and often elevated to “hero status” by those relying on signage to keep their businesses afloat and communities safe. Indeed, though little is guaranteed in the business world, starting a sign shop as close as you’ll come to a surefire return on your investment.
If you’re interested in starting an essential sign shop during the COVID-19 pandemic, the SignWorld business alliance offers plenty of advantages:
- Proven coronavirus business continuity plan—more than 330+ sign partners across the country remain for business without any compromise in employee safety or end-product quality
- Advanced online sales channels—even before the COVID-19 pandemic, many owners generated more than 50% of their total revenue via online sales. Today, our eCommerce channels are more advanced than ever, and many owners are expanding into online graphic design and branding consultation
- Established business relationships—most of our partners generate the majority of their revenues from a handful of repeat clients, which translates to big savings on marketing costs, travel, and chasing fruitless leads
- Affordable start-up—our opportunity is less expensive than starting a sign shop on your own, with better cost-control and less guesswork
- Business support—get coaching, help with strategic management, and anything else you need from our corporate support team and network of business allies
Free Consultation With The Signworld Business Alliance
Visit the SignWorld website or call 888-765-7446 to speak with a representative and learn more about how we’re supporting sign shop owners during these unprecedented times.