How are sign shops thriving during COVID-19 while other businesses fold to pandemic pressures?
Today’s post explains the crucial role our sign partners play for local communities and economies, as well as how this essential service makes our sign shop opportunity a “pandemic-proof” investment.
Read on or call 888-765-7446 to speak directly with a Signworld representative.
Federal Government Recognizes Essential Role Of Sign Shops
From the start of the COVID-19 lockdowns, the International Sign Association (ISA) advised government officials that our industry is “essential” and must remain open to keep businesses afloat and communities safe.
As a result of these efforts, on April 17, 2020, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Agency (CISA) expanded their definition of “critical infrastructure” to include sign shops. CISA guidelines now include:
“Manufacturers and distributors of lighting and communication systems, specialized signage and structural systems, emergency response equipment and support materials, printers, printed materials, packaging materials, pallets, crate containers, and others suppliers needed to support manufacturing.”
Here’s a few of the vital services that make our sign shops “pandemic-proof” opportunities:
Business Signage Enforces COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Signworld partners provide all sorts of COVID-19 safety signage, including:
- Signs and floor decals in groceries and other open spaces to remind customers to comply with safe social distancing guidelines
- Wayfinding signage to help at-risk drivers and pedestrians navigate alternative healthcare locations or instituted public testing sites
- COVID-19 safety signage to instill the importance of proper hand hygiene, cough etiquette, and mask compliance
- Signs to honor workers on the frontlines, or commend employees/community members for their understanding and jobs-well-done
The demand for COVID-19 safety signage is soaring, adding to the resilient demand for regular business signage, vehicle wraps, and promotional materials. Without question, sign shops play a crucial role during COVID-19, but it’s also a rewarding one!
COVID-19 Signage Facilitates Business Continuity
Among the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s top tips for small businesses and startups struggling to survive, “be flexible” ranks number-one. Business owners able to adjust their operations to suit the “new normal” with contactless services/drop-offs, online consultations, reduced in-store capacities, and other measures are hanging in there. In contrast, those businesses unable to flex to fit these new constraints are suffering.
To facilitate this business flexibility and maintain continuity, people depend on custom COVID-19 signage, such as:
- Freestanding signage delineate contactless drop-off/pick-up areas
- Hanging door signs announcing reduced in-store capacities
- Window graphics alerting visitors to mask requirements
- Business signs detailing modified hours and other service/policy changes to slow the spread
Signworld Partners Helping To Slow The Spread Across America
Beyond indirectly reducing the spread of COVID-19 with safety signs, Signworld partners are adding manufacturing muscle to help create vital personal protective equipment, such as sneeze guards and face shields. In this way, we are directly fighting to slow the spread, while also opening up innovative revenue streams for our partners during the pandemic.
Start Selling Business Signage As A Signworld Partner In 2021
Call 888-765-7446 or visit the Signworld business alliance website to learn more about how you can make money, help local businesses, and slow the spread during COVID-19 as a sign shop owner. No experience required!Back