Sign Business – The Big Picture
98% of all signs are indoors. They are paper posters, cardboard, banners and thin plastic like materials. Most signs are thrown away every month. In December, they say “Happy Holidays”. In January, they say “Clearance”. In February, they say “Valentine’s Day”, and on and on…
Drive down any street, walk into any business, notice vehicles of all sizes wrapped in pictures and graphics or visit a tradeshow and the opportunity for building a business in the sign industry will become very clear. Today, more than ever, small businesses to large are seeking ways to increase their visibility and make an impact through the use of signs.
Here’s what a modern day sign business looks like:
- Signs are custom production, so every day is different and you will see tangible, visible results of your efforts as you drive around town.
- It’s close to home, in a low-overhead business park location, operating Monday-Friday 9-5 – no nights, weekends or holidays, with a small staff of career employees.
- There are no loud noises, odors, or dangerous chemicals.
- It’s a relationship business with repeat customers. Twenty to thirty of those customers can equal 80% of your revenue. Many of those customers may be regional and even national in scope.
- It’s a non-cash transaction business, so when you are out seeing customers, you don’t have to worry about who’s holding the money.
- When you are ready to sell your business, it will sell for more than most business models because of the manufacturing sector you are in, the small core of repeat customers and the profit margins obtainable due to the custom nature of the business.
See how it all works by reading about The Signworld Business Model.