Exhibiting at a trade show is a fantastic opportunity for your company to showcase new products, introduce services, secure sales, and network with your peers.
But in order to accomplish any of these goals, you first need to get noticed.
Try some of the following trade show display tips to help your booth stand out from all the other companies vying for your audience’s attention.
- Transform your booth into branded space. Building branded environments is all the rage in the healthcare, hospitality, retail, and corporate sectors, and it’s a fantastic tool for exhibitors, too. Using a combination of graphics, wraps, banners, signs, and logo-bearing merch, branded environments transform lobbies, offices, and trade show booths into immersive spaces that physically embody your company’s offerings and ethos. They work great for engaging audiences and educating them about your brand at a glance.
- Don’t hold back on the freebies. Giving out free samples and branded merchandise is a great way to get people excited to visit your booth. Stickers, postcards, coffee mugs, pens, and t-shirts all make great vehicles for your brand logo and message, and they’re very affordable, especially when ordered in bulk through a Signworld partner. If possible, try to focus on freebies that your target audience finds valuable. For example, if you’re trying to market to tweens who are constantly on their phones, handing out free pop-sockets with your logo can be a great way to reach them.
- Promote your appearance online using consistent branding. We all know how important it is to use email blasts, newsletter campaigns, social media, and other forms of online advertising to get the word out about new business initiatives, product releases, and events. So announcing your upcoming trade show appearance using these channels should go without saying. But when you do, make sure you stay consistent with your branding, using the same graphics in any email attachments, social media pictures, or web advertisements that will appear in your trade show booth. Doing so allows you to “prime” your audience for the trade show display, which will help them pick your booth out from the crowd.
- Leverage the power of video. Marketing experts around the country agree that video ads substantially increase audience engagement and dwell time, so it only makes sense to harness this power for your trade show promotion. Fortunately, as digital signage technology continues to improve, dynamic video displays are only getting more affordable and portable.
- Get your sign system to tell a story, chapter by chapter. Though every business will have its core talking points and value propositions, your signage should do more than rehash the same copy over and over. If a visitor to your booth reads the same thing twice on two different signs, they’ll probably not bother looking at a third. But if each sign tells a smaller piece of your story, and refers back to other signs to pique interest and intrigue, the odds of engaging your reader and upping their dwell time skyrockets. Highlighting certain information and omitting other bits also encourages readers to ask your representatives questions, which is another trade show win.
For help designing your sign system “narrative,” visit our website to find a Signworld partner near you.