Today, we blast through 6 of the most frequently asked questions we receive from prospective sign shop owners.
What does it cost to start a sign business?
Though every situation is different, our standard investment costs $195,000. This includes our franchise package, startup expenses, and cash reserve for emergencies or slow starter months.
If you’re looking for a more detailed response, we’ve put together a complete investment breakdown on our website.
What can I make as a Signworld franchisee?
We try to give our franchisees the maximum number of revenue streams, while also leaving open the option of specializing in any area they choose. To make this possible, we combine in-house and outsourced production.
Our training an equipment package will allow you to make roughly 80% of the world’s signage right away. Generally speaking, you’ll be able to handle any graphics or lettering project that is intended for a flat surface, along with:
- Vehicle wraps and graphics for trucks, cars, boats, trailers, helicopters, and low-speed planes
- Digitally printed graphics for walls, windows, and tradeshow displays
- Decals and sticks
- Die-cut graphics
- Street and yard signs
- Murals and wallpapers
- Floor graphics for carpet, concrete, tile, wood, and more
- Dynamic digital signs
- Flags and banners
- Textile and fabric prints
- Point of purchase signs
- Wayfinding signs
- Real estate signage
- Safety signs and more!
For those projects that can’t be completed in-house, we give you access to a network of qualified vendors, then coach you on how to sell and outsource any of the following:
- Sandblasted signs
- Carved signs
- Monument signs
- Neon signs
- Formed, cast, or cut metal lettering
- Grand format prints more than 60” wide
- Electrical sign cabinets
- Awnings and canopies
- ADA and engraved signage and much more!
How can I trust your business model?
Most prospects are reassured by our industry experience and history of success.
Signworld’s business model was established by owner Ken Kindt in 1988, and has been helping entrepreneurs realize their dreams ever since. Within the first year, two locations were open and thriving. Over the years, our franchise family continued to grow, and our model was refined, updated, and enriched to where it is today.
As of 2017, Signworld has well over 300 sign companies, 75+ Preferred Partners, and a passionate corporate team that all support one another like family, sharing best practices, networking opportunities, and even vacation time together!
Do I need sign making experience?
No previous sign-making experience is required, though a background in management, sales, or customer service will certainly come in handy. Our comprehensive 4-week orientation program covers technical, operations, sign-making, supplier, point-of-sale, administrative, and website training, which puts our successful business model in reach of anyone with the right attitude.
What kind of support will I receive?
Beyond our top-tier training, we offer the following forms of support to ensure your venture is successful:
- Supply discountsto save you thousands per year
- Online technical support to eliminate any tech-related headaches
- Speedy on-site service to handle any equipment issues that may arise
- 24/7 access to our entire franchise family via the Owner’s Portal, where you can log in and talk shop with fellow franchisees on our forums
- Annual conventions offering 30+ seminars over 3 days to improve your operation and earn you more money every year
Where can I get a hold of the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD)?
Visit http://www.signworld.org and make a no-cost, no-commitment request for information using our short contact form.